Monday, September 7, 2009

I Got Nuthin


I haven't posted in a long while, and it really bothers me. I want to write but nothing comes to mind. Actually, it's pretty scary. And of course I'm sure it bothers all my fans out there.

I wrote a piece that was a self-mock (after reading the mockable.org self-mock) but it turned out to be a bit too personal. So I put that in the vault.

I wrote a piece about the cars that I have owned. But it just wasn't worthy. I may polish that turd someday and post it here, but not today.

My company just went through a re-org and I had some good stuff on that. But it just seemed like a bad career decision to post the details. Here's a sanitized version:

Step 1: Things in our division aren't going as well as hoped. Stockholders are angry.

Step 2: Fire the incompetent management. Good idea, but...

Step 3: Hire new management. Lots of new people at the top. People with new ideas. People who have no idea what we do.

Step 4: The new management changes the name of the division. How does this help? Our customers were still getting used to the previous name change.

Step 5: The new management produces a new logo for the division. At great expense. Oh yeah, that always works.

Step 6: The new management reorganizes. When in doubt, reorganize. I think we'll try the reverse matrix organization model. Do you want fries with that?

Step 7: Aside from the new empty suits and the new logo, nothing changes.

Step 8: Go to Step 1.

Or something like that. Gotta get ready for work.

2 comments:

  1. Business as usual. Damn, they got to do something with those worthless business degrees.

    ReplyDelete