Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I am going to start a new religion. Because all of the old religions piss me off. The old religions have caused, and continue to cause, too much confusion and strife in this world. I use the word "strife" because I am not sure what it means, but it sounds scary. And we should be scared.

The current upheaval in the Middle East is a good example, but it is far from the only example of religion related mayhem. The Christians kicked it old school back in the day. Scores of other sects have executed their vendettas on unsuspecting folk who were primarily interested in eating and getting laid.

It is not just the violent religions that ire me. Passive religions such as Buddhism are also a catalyst for my desire to create a new religious outlet. Sure, Buddhists don't advocate mass slaughter of infidels, but they still cling to archaic traditions. I am pretty sure that my future is not dictated by some six armed elephant that sits in the lotus position.

So, let's imagine a new religion. Rule #1: Don't kill anybody. Rule #2: Be polite. Rule #3: Don't worship any imagined deities. And of course, Rule #4: Look both ways before crossing the street.

I don't have a name for my new relgion. I was thinking "The New Religists", but that sounds like a rock band from the 60's. How about"The Nice but not Ancient"? Suggestions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment